For many bloggers, the idea of writing frequent blog posts has as much appeal as a stinky sock. Even with an editorial calendar as a guide, creating fresh content on a near-daily basis can feel overwhelming and scary, especially if writing doesn’t come naturally or blogging time is short.
Daily Blogging Themes to the Rescue
Using daily blogging themes, where a theme is assigned to each day of the week, makes producing content at least a half-zillion times easier. With a daily blogging theme, a certain kind of post or subject matter always appears on a particular day of the week. For example, many bloggers do “Wordless Wednesdays,” where every Wednesday they will simply post a photo that speaks for itself.
If writing isn’t your thing, plan your daily blogging themes around video content, podcasts, link-sharing posts, or list posts, which are lean on text but packed with useful information. If you prefer lots of written content, consider how using daily themes might give your writing and your blog more direction.
Ideas for Daily Themes
The beauty of daily blogging themes is that you pre-plan the amount and type of writing you’ll do, while building in variety for your readers. And don’t think you have to announce to those readers that you’re using daily themes. If you prefer, just keep it as your little behind-the-scenes secret to producing a steady stream of great content. If you want to experiment with options for a daily blogging theme structure, here are some ideas:
- Video Day – Post a video of yourself sharing helpful tips and tidbits with your readers.
- Podcast Day – Same as above but in a podcast format.
- Favorite Posts Day – Share links to your favorite blog posts for the week or on a particular subject.
- Guest Post Day – Invite other bloggers to guest post on your blog one day a week.
- Interview Day – Interview a person of interest in your field by email and create a Q&A style post.
- Product Review Day – Review a piece of equipment, a book, software, etc., that would be of interest to your readers.
- List Day – Make a simple list of niche-specific information such as “13 ways to make a fast $100” or “10 tips for tasty tuna sandwiches.”
- How-to-Day – Link to a tutorial that gives your readers step-by-step instructions on how to do or create something.
- Debate Day – Throw out a question on a controversial topic in your niche area and encourage reader debate.
Play around with different posting styles until you find the rhythm that feels right for your schedule, writing abilities, and reader base. And if you do end up going with a themed structure or are already using one, come back and tell us about it!
Have more suggestions for daily themes or some experiences to share? Leave a comment!
Don’t miss out on the latest blogging tips. Join the Virgin Blogger Notes fan page on facebook.