The Clue Train is Coming to Town

It’s no secret I knew next-to-nothing about blogging when I first started out. Okay, next-to-nothing is a gross exaggeration. I knew zilch.

I’m getting smarter though.

And the reason I’m getting smarter is because I climb aboard the Clue Train every time it comes to town and ride that baby just as far as it will take me.

Lucky for me it’s coming to town again soon, and you can bet I’m packing my bags right now.

Here’s the schedule if you’d like to ride along:

The Clue Train will be pulling into Hot Blog Tips every Monday for Social Media Mondays with the “No BS Social Media” guy himself, Mike Stenger. There’s no charge for this trip, but do take a minute to drop Keith or Mike a note about your current state of cluelessness so they can arrange a travel itinerary for your desired social media destination.

Ready for a one-way trip to Motivation-Land? Then grab your ticket for The Infopreneur’s newly-released workbook, Motivated as Hell. Okay, I fess up. I grabbed a ticket for this particular Clue Train last weekend when James offered his book for sale to folks on his mailing list. Thanks to him, I stayed up all night soaking up clues and losing sleep, but my brain is now officially filled with powerful traffic-building clues. Truly, if I weren’t so phobic about needles I’d head to the nearest tattoo parlor straightaway and get Motivated as Hell inked on my . . . well, nevermind.

Ready for the trip of a lifetime? I still feel like I’m dreaming, but the Clue Train is is traveling to Leo Babauta’s How to Make Blogging your Career bootcamp” May 16-20.  This is one train I’m not going to miss!

Remember, there’s no shame in starting out in Clueless City, but you don’t have to stay there!

**thanks to a previous trip I took on the Clue Train, this post contains affiliate links.

Photo by Ashley Dace

16 Responses to The Clue Train is Coming to Town

1. Angela Artemis May 4, 2010 at 5:21 pm #

Jean, I love this post. It's packed with just the type of info I need to push my blog uphill to where the big kids play! I'm looking forward to all the hot tips and advice you'll be feeding us.

2. Chloe Adeline May 4, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

How exciting! I'm looking forward to this collaboration. I'd love to know more about how to use twitter “professionally” and gain a following. How do you provide 140 character valuable content that people will enjoy and how to get them to find it and follow?

3. virginbloggernotes May 4, 2010 at 11:45 pm #

Thanks, Angela. I love learning new things, testing out ideas, and passing things along. There is so much good information out there I sometimes think my head might explode. That could be messy though. :)

4. virginbloggernotes May 4, 2010 at 11:51 pm #

Hey Chloe, I predict that one month from now we'll be so up on things that we'll be true Twitter goddesses and people will bring us gifts from afar and beg for our knowledge. Haha. I'd better lay off the caffeine . . . Seriously, I have SO much to learn! I found facebook really easy, but I just don't “get” Twitter. Clearly, there is a huge value to many people, so the problem is not with Twitter but rather with my brain.

5. Keith Bloemendaal May 5, 2010 at 12:16 am #

Thanks for the mention, I liked Motivated as Hell too (but I had it before it was released :)) I am glad you like the social media monday thing, I think it will turn into a nice addition to the blog!

Also, I am thinking of holding a contest to give away the first copy of my eBook. Maybe announce it Thursday or Friday…..

6. Mike Stenger May 5, 2010 at 1:33 am #

Glad to hear you like Social Media Mondays over on Hotblogtips.com!

Thanks for the mention Jean and also, I'll be answering your question next week about organizing things on Twitter.

See ya soon (thanks for your comment on my blog!)

7. Kaizenvision May 5, 2010 at 7:12 am #

Jean, you have such a fabulous writing style, seriously!!!!!
    This is very exciting information especially for my fumbling clueless being. I'm excited for Social Media Mondays & for “Motivated As Hell”

8. virginbloggernotes May 5, 2010 at 11:32 am #

You're welcome, Keith. You've got a top quality site and it's a lucky day for any blogger who finds themselves there, Mondays or otherwise. A contest sounds like a stellar idea, by the way . . . if you go that route I'll overcome my current state of cluelessness to help Tweet it out :)

9. virginbloggernotes May 5, 2010 at 11:55 am #

Thank you, Mike. I'm really looking forward to learning from you and taking action on the tips and information you share!

10. virginbloggernotes May 5, 2010 at 12:04 pm #

Thank you. I really do love to write. Glad you're hopping on the Clue Train too – life is a lot more fun when we fumbling clueless beings share the ride :)

11. ralphcarlson May 5, 2010 at 5:20 pm #

At that rate you won't ge clueless long. (If you were really clueless you wouldn't have set up this schedule but I will play along). These and some more folks I follow are great sources of information. My problem is digesting and incorporating key pieces of information into my blogs. And then actually using them. The implementation sometimes takes me forever and several corrections. It is enough to make me swear off learning anything more but I am learning not to be a wimp. Suck it up and screw up another bit of new information.

12. virginbloggernotes May 5, 2010 at 7:53 pm #

It definitely is a challenge to put so much good information into action. I laid out a business plan awhile back so that helps me with focus. When I start freaking out over all I haven't done/don't know, I can look at my plan and see I have that particular thing scheduled for the future. I still freak out a little, but not so much as before :)

13. Karen Ruby May 9, 2010 at 3:43 pm #

Since I've read/bought 2/3 of the links you mentioned, I must be on the same train! :-)

The good news is that there are so many quality resources out there with great information. The bad news is filtering those from the other stuff. You've picked some real winners to follow though. It's great seeing how far you've progressed so far!

Karen

14. virginbloggernotes May 10, 2010 at 2:02 am #

I thought I saw you sitting a couple seats ahead of me on the Clue Train the other day, Karen :) It definitely is a challenge sorting out the wheat from the chaff when it comes to information products. I find if I avoid products that make it sound like I'll make $100,000 in six days while lounging on the beach I usually come out okay.

15. Mark Dykeman May 10, 2010 at 2:37 pm #

This reminds me of the Cluetrain Manifesto, although I'm pretty sure you're not talking about the same thing.

16. virginbloggernotes May 10, 2010 at 2:52 pm #

I was clueless so had to Google that :) I just looked over the Wikipedia condensation of the theses, but it's interesting to look at what was presented there now that we're in 2010.