12 Reasons Why Bloggers Make the Best Lovers

A guest post by Arvind Devalia of Make It Happen

What sort of lover do you want?

Have you ever considered your favourite blogger as your lover?

When seeking a lover, we all want someone who understands us. A person who cares and has empathy. Who communicates to us in the most wonderful words that touch us inside just where it matters – consistently. Someone who accepts us for who we are, an honest soul who isn’t scared to open up and share.

Who could that be? You’d probably think that meeting such a person would only happen in your dreams.

Perhaps. But there is someone else who is a lover; of you, of your opinions, and of making you feel good, week in and week out. A blogger!

For a start, bloggers are experienced – they’ve honed their talent and become expert at knowing just what to do and how to give you a great time.

You can always be sure to be safe in their hands.

If you are looking for a new lover, then you would be wise to choose a blogger – because bloggers clearly make the best lovers.

Here are 12 reasons why:

1. Bloggers are very knowledgeable about their subject matter – they know all about your special nooks and crannies, and all the pressure points.

They know just how to press your buttons.

2. Bloggers care about their subject matter – since they are caring and considerate they put you and your needs first, rather than being selfish.

3. Bloggers are fantastic givers – it’s in their nature to give their readers what they want. They give and take in equal measure

They really know how to find and satisfy your G-spot (the Giving-spot).

4. Bloggers take their time and never rush on the job – they are perfectionists and they will work on their delivery till you are satisfied.

Satisfaction is guaranteed.

5. Bloggers are persistent – they will not give up and they will find a variety of ways of making sure you get what you want.

6. Bloggers are full of energy – they are never satiated and are always ready to give you more.

7. Bloggers are always up for learning and experimenting with new techniques and tools – so you know you will get all the latest fads. And the latest gadgets.

8. Bloggers are excellent at researching their area of expertise – so you know you will always have the best pairs of hands on the job.

9. Bloggers have a great zest for life and are adventurous – you just don’t know what or who is going to swing by next. And they will try anything at least once.

10. Bloggers share their naked emotions and bare their soul, among other things.

11. Bloggers are great listeners and open to feedback when you tell them what you like and what doesn’t do it for you.

12. Bloggers are great networkers and are part of a thriving, swinging community. They believe in variety and sharing, and some bloggers are particularly known to be at their best and most giving in groups.

So if you are a blogger, what makes you a great lover?

If you are not a blogger yet, isn’t it about time you started?

And if you are single and looking for a lover, surely it’s high time you hooked up with a blogger?

Bio: Arvind Devalia is single, highly eligible and a great blogger, amongst other things. You must subscribe to his blog and get his Make It Happen Guide.

To jazz up your love life, get Arvind’s best selling book – Get the Life you Love.

Alternatively, cut to the chase and contact Arvind directly for a hot date.

208 Responses to 12 Reasons Why Bloggers Make the Best Lovers

1. Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 6:36 am #

Thanks Jean for allowing me to share about bloggers and love on your blog. It’s high time the world recognised just how talented us bloggers are:-)
    Arvind Devalia recently posted..Why Trust in the World Begins with You &amp Not A Guide Dog

2. Marion Anderson August 25, 2010 at 6:37 am #

Oh Arvind what a fun post! I have never looked at blogging like this before and I may never look at blogging in the same way again.

Good luck with the hot date!
    Marion Anderson recently posted..How to Forgive – What you need to know about forgiveness

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 6:46 am #

Thanks Marion!

Glad you liked the post. Know that everything I said about bloggers being the best lovers is absolutely true.

I have done extensive field research:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 9:34 am #

I’m not going ask if you took notes or shot videos of that research, Arvind.

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 9:33 am #

Glad you were able to get the comment through, Marion. Just now saw your tweet. Arvind gave us all a whole lot more to think about :)

3. Alien Ghost August 25, 2010 at 7:00 am #

Hi Arvind,

So blogging not only could be a way to someday make money, but also an excellent way to get to know the missing other half in our lives :)

Isn’t it great? Fame, Money and Love, all in one step just by blogging! Man, you gave me more enthusiasm to keep going than any blogging guru out there!

Raul
    Alien Ghost recently posted..Anticipation Maniac

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 8:55 am #

Raul, do not waste another day!

Get blogging regularly and become the best blogger you can. And for sure you will also meet your other half too.

May you find all the fame, money and love. And in the meantime, just make you have some fun;-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 9:35 am #

Raul, I think Arvind is the new master of blogging motivation thanks to this post!

4. Farnoosh August 25, 2010 at 7:32 am #

I wonder if my fabulous lover (my hubby) was a blogger in his previous life. :)
    Fun post, Arvind – bloggers have all the best characteristic traits to make them (us!) great friends, honest business partners, wonderful contributors, fun individuals, good educators, great leaders, awesome listeners, good readers….gosh the list goes on and on..!
    Farnoosh recently posted..Alexander Dumas- “The Count of Monte Cristo”

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 8:57 am #

Farnoush, yes it is true that our skills as lovers are passed on to our next lives.

Just imagine what fun us bloggers will have in our future lives:-)

Coming back to this life though, your husband is clearly a very lucky man – married to a top blogger…

• Farnoosh ~ Prolific Living August 25, 2010 at 9:17 am #

Top blogger! Oh you do know how to smooth talk me. Praise and compliments get you everywhere with me, Arvind! :)) Yes, Andy is a lucky man but I am luckier still…..Is there a very lucky Mrs. Arvind Devalia around?
        Farnoosh ~ Prolific Living recently posted..Alexander Dumas- “The Count of Monte Cristo”

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 9:38 am #

I think both you and Andy are so blessed with each other! You have so many interests and passions to enrich his life too, and I have heard you speak of his culinary skills. Sounds like bliss to me!

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 10:06 am #

Farnoush, it wasn’t smooth talking! I always speak the truth – even if sometimes the truth is tongue-in-cheek:-)

Yes, Andy definitely sounds like a lucky guy – and a deserving one too.

As for whether there is a very lucky Mrs Arvind Devalia around, who’s doing the smooth talking now?!

Well, after this article, the future Mrs Devalia knows where to find me. Or indeed the current Mrs Jones, Mrs Smith, Mrs Patel….:-)

• Farnoosh August 25, 2010 at 12:37 pm #

Too funny you two.
            Arvind, my cousin wants to know when she is going to find her Mr. Darcy and I tell her, what I truly believe, which is it really happens when we least expect it and it is what makes life so beautiful. Here’s to good omen in the future!
            And if only we all lived in a non-virtual world for a while, boy would Andy throw a feast for all of you dear friends, and did I mention, he makes his own India spices from scratch? I married a GENIUS! :)
            Farnoosh recently posted..Alexander Dumas- “The Count of Monte Cristo”

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 1:13 pm #

Farnoosh, to truly help your cousin, the first thing you need to do is send her a link to this article.

Then ask her to click at the bottom of this post where it says contact Arvind directly for a hot date.”

Well, you did say your cousin wanted to know when she would meet Mr Darcy. :-)

Also, just who is this Mr Darcy and why do you need some Darcy guy when she can have THE Mr Devalia?!

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 1:16 pm #

And Farnoosh, please also tell your cousin that just like Andy, Mr Devalia too makes his own Indian spices from scratch.

Can this Mr Darcy (whoever he is) make his own spices?!

• Keith Davis August 25, 2010 at 1:22 pm #

Arvind… Mr Darcy can do anything. Especially Colin Firth in the BBC adaptation of Pride and Prejudice.
                  Still the best Mr Darcy I’ve seen.
                  My wife has never quite recovered from the “wet shirt” scene.
                  Make his own spices? No problem.
                  Keith Davis recently posted..Two way traffic

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Keith, I bet Mr Darcy can’t write a blog post as well as Mr Devalia can:-)

• Keith Davis August 25, 2010 at 1:33 pm #

You win Arvind… Mr Darcy writes an atrocious post, I’ve heard him confess as much. LOL

BTW – I really don’t want to miss your next guest post – Jean make sure that you let us all know.

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 3:19 pm #

Thanks Keith. All the Mr Darcys of this world had better watch out – us male bloggers are out to get you.

As for my next guest post – I am working on it – “21 Reasons Why Women Should Not Date Mr Darcy”

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 1:48 pm #

Darn it, Keith. Why did you have to go and mention Colin Firth just when I was getting my wits back?

• Keith Davis August 25, 2010 at 1:55 pm #

Jean you are clearly a woman of taste.
                      Wife and daughter both besotted.
                      Don’t know how many times we’ve watched the video.
                      And when we get to the scene…. all goes silent!
                      Keith Davis recently posted..Two way traffic

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

Keith, I guess you will just have to become an even better blogger.

And be sure to share this article with your wife. Just let her know gently what’s in store for her:-)

• Farnoosh August 25, 2010 at 3:27 pm #

Did someone remind me of Colin Firth in that impossible to forget adaptation of Pride and Prejudice. There are so many things right with that movie, that book, that story – forget my cousin. Where is a Mr. Darcy I can use now and again when Andy is too busy and tired to deal with me? :)!! This topic obviously derailed and I won’t be surprised if Jean will ban prolific living in the future commentaries ;)!
                      Farnoosh recently posted..Alexander Dumas- “The Count of Monte Cristo”

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 4:25 pm #

Farnoosh, so you too are seeking a “Mr Darcy”!

You will find that the answer to your quest is actually in the comments thread above.

As Keith has already conceded, you don’t need a “Mr Darcy” anymore:-)

Who needs a Mr Darcy, when they can have THE Mr Devalia?!

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 5:57 pm #

Farnoosh, I could never ban anyone who appreciates Mr. Darcy as prolifically as you do :)

5. Melissa Gorzelanczyk August 25, 2010 at 10:01 am #

Love this post, Arvind! My husband said something along the lines of this a few months back. He commented on how blogging has made a big difference for the whole family – I bring what I learn back to our marriage and into our relationships with the kids, too.

Curiosity and problem solving. That’s what makes blogging so much fun!
    Have a great week,
    Melissa

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 10:08 am #

Thanks Melissa for your kind and generous feedback.

Be careful though of showing this article to your huhsband. He maye become much more demanding.

On second thoughts, please do show it to him:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 11:17 am #

Hey, I love that your husband is seeing the positive benefits of your blogging, Melissa!

6. John Sherry August 25, 2010 at 10:20 am #

Arvind, a blog dating masterpiece. I love the start to this post and how you lead us (by the writing hand) into 12 superb love-your-blogger tips. It turned me on….my desire to keep blogging that is. As for my blogging so far I’ve had no complaints and I love to make my blog lovers feel I care, that I’m focusing on them and giving them my all. I want them to have as good at time as I’m having. And I had a great time reading this post at my top virgin blogger’s site!
    John Sherry recently posted..Why Home Is Where The Heart Is

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 11:22 am #

John, you have mastered the art of seduction by blogging. I am smitten with your sentences and tantalized by your tales. :)

• John Sherry August 25, 2010 at 12:52 pm #

Jean it’s nice to have a smitten kitten. I love letters that can make charming words especially as the love letters I get always seem to start with, ‘Dear John’!! I think your humour is ace and you always make me smile. You’re no virgin blogger but a pretty poster so you’ll have to change the blog name. What a great post Arvind came up with and there’s only one blog I would expect to find it on. Wonder which one that is?????
        John Sherry recently posted..Why Home Is Where The Heart Is

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 1:50 pm #

Well, it could be worse . . . the love letters could start with, ‘To Whom it May Concern.’

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 1:23 pm #

John, I am so glad you liked this post.

Like you, I believe in keeping things simple, and not beating about the bush:-)

7. rob white August 25, 2010 at 10:44 am #

Very clever, Arvind. We are a passionate bunch, for sure.
    rob white recently posted..The Sincere Seeker of Success

8. Tia August 25, 2010 at 11:03 am #

Ha! lol Well, I wish that all bloggers had these qualities and habits and I wish that all lovers did, too.

It’s certainly a good standard to set!

Tia
    Tia recently posted..How You Can Change the World Blogging

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:50 pm #

Well, how on earth did you end up in my spam folder, Tia? First we weren’t connected on Twitter and then you get sent to the spam bin! Ah well, you’re out now and back in the sunny comment section. I think all bloggers should keep a copy of Arvind’s post in their wallets to remind themselves of these standards before going on a date!

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 9:21 am #

Hello Tia!

And I totally agree with Jean – all bloggers should carry this check list of 12 points with them all the time.

Jean – maybe we should prepare some credit-card sized, plastic coated cards for bloggers on a date to carry in their wallet.
        Arvind Devalia recently posted..Mother Teresa – 6 Key Life Lessons from a 100 Year Old Woman

9. Kate August 25, 2010 at 11:25 am #

What a brilliant post, made me smile, which is a must for a great lover;)

10. Keith Davis August 25, 2010 at 11:52 am #

Arvind / Jean
    I hardly dare comment on this post… my imagination is running riot with possible responses that would only get me in to deep deep trouble. Not that it would be my fault. Arvind has given us a nice selection of double entendres… but I will be strong and resist. LOL
    Well done Arvind. Funniest thing I’ve read in ages.
    Keith Davis recently posted..Two way traffic

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 12:00 pm #

Well, if you did say something slightly off-kilter, we’d never tell a soul, Keith :)

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 12:06 pm #

Keith, just what do you mean by “double entendres”?!

Everything I wrote above was written in good faith, with integrity and with a straight face.

Remember that bloggers are always authentic and genuine.

So on that note, please feel free to say it how it is.

Bloggers are also courageous and they don’t worry about being in something deep (whatever that is), so please enlighten us and share with us what you would really, really like to say…

11. Angela Artemis August 25, 2010 at 12:49 pm #

Arvind,
    This was so fun! I laughed and laughed! Thank you for brightening up my day.
    Angela Artemis recently posted..Are You Blocking Your Intuition

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 1:21 pm #

Thanks Angela.

Now you know what it’s like to get back something of what you so constantly do for others – brighten their day:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 1:28 pm #

Angela, I was definitely not blocking my intuition when I said ‘yes!’ to Arvind’s guest post idea :) I always know I’m in for something good when he’s involved.

12. Hulbert Lee August 25, 2010 at 2:41 pm #

Great article Arvind! Although I wouldn’t say that bloggers make the best lovers, I wouldn’t doubt that a blogger would have a very compatible personality with many people. Many bloggers are givers by heart, good listeners, patient, and persistent. These are all qualities of a good lover. :)

P.S. I raised an eyebrow when you said G-spot, then realized that you meant “the Giving-spot”… nice twist there, haha…

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 2:55 pm #

I thought that line was genius :)

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 3:16 pm #

Hello Hulbert. Glad you liked the article. Good lovers do share a lot of great qualities with bloggers.

However, I am really confused with what you say about the G-spot. I always thought it stood for “the Giving-Spot”. What else could it stand for?!

Have I missed something?

Or more to the point, have I been missing out on something all these years? Someone help!

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

Arvind, I’d help you out with an explanation, but right now I’m too besotted with the way the comments thread so beautifully on here since you worked your technical magic. Have you had a look above and seen how beautifully the conversations hold together? Magnificent work, my friend!

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 3:42 pm #

Thanks Jean – the comments really do thread beautifully even though I say so myself.

Reminds me of just how good bloggers are at intertwining:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 3:52 pm #

Arvind, you are seriously cracking me up. Haha. I have to leave the house for awhile now, but is it safe to leave you and this bunch alone here? :)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 4:12 pm #

Jean, take your time. Don’t come back for a few hours.

I will look after everyone, promise:-)

13. Dia August 25, 2010 at 3:26 pm #

Hi Jean and Arvind,

Very nice article. I never thought about it this way, but maybe you are right. Bloggers tend to be persistent and love to know people as well. Thanks for sharing
    Dia recently posted..Convince people with your ideas

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 3:30 pm #

I think the ‘loving to know people’ is a really big deal. Most of us are so curious to learn more about the world and the people in it. We just need to make sure we don’t kiss and then tell all in our blog posts.

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 3:44 pm #

Dia, thanks for your kind feedback.

Bloggers are the nicest people I have ever come across – and you are clearly one of them.

14. Jered August 25, 2010 at 3:54 pm #

lol Arvind, this article is great.

Relating blogging to love and love making is something different and interesting. A great way to make waves.

I can see it now… Hollywood will catch wind of this and before you know it “Sedentary Seduction” starring Sandra Bullock as a quarky personal development blogger who falls in love with a swarthy technology blogger through a series of mutually beneficial guest posts will be the best selling movie of all time.

This made my day. lol
    Jered recently posted..Leading With Ambition

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 4:53 pm #

Thanks Jered for your kind words. Glad this article made your day!

I can see it too – Hollywood gets in on the action and creats a movie about how a male blogger was stalked online and offline by 100s of women after he wrote a post about bloggers being the best lovers.

The movie ends with the blogger happily surrendering, and then escaping to an island in the Pacific with at least 20 of these misguided but stunningly beautiful women.

Bollywood then joins in and comes up with its own version, except it’s 5 hours long and has 30 song and dance routines.

Both movies are heavily promoted in the blogosphere and for a while bloggers forget to blog about minimal living, healthy eating, decluttering, personal development etc to focus on promoting their new cult hero.

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 4:54 pm #

By the way, Jered I just visited your blog and I really liked what I read.

I commented on your latest post – shows the power of commenting on other blogs.

This can become addictive!

• Jered August 25, 2010 at 5:12 pm #

lol, Arvind. You crack me up.

Thanks for commenting at Mass Influence.

You rock.
          Jered recently posted..Leading With Ambition

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 5:37 pm #

You are most welcome Jered. That was an excellent post – and I would have loved to meet your friend Nellie.

Note to everyone else – do go and check out Jered’s latest post. Read all about his amazing friend Nellie – and the lessons she can teach you about ambition and how to harness it.

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:05 pm #

So today you have gone from being a blogger to creating wild movie plots with Jered to being the center of the female universe. Not a bad day’s work, Arvind :)

15. Aileen August 25, 2010 at 4:07 pm #

Arvind, what a spicy post! Perfectly matched for the fresh zest of Jeans Blog.

I loved reading this, so fun and fabulous. You made a great case for any non blogger to begin!

Aileen recently posted..“Make friendship a fine art”

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 4:56 pm #

Thanks Aileen.

I can see a bunch of new non-bloggers queuing up to learn all about blogging.

We should form our own support group for such bloggers – to teach them everything we know;-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:07 pm #

I would have loved to have seen a post like this when I started blogging. It sure would have taken a lot of the ‘scary’ factor out of things! Then again, I may have become so enamored with Mr. Devalia that I wouldn’t have gotten any posts written.

16. Amy Parmenter August 25, 2010 at 4:26 pm #

Reason #13

Bloggers will do it anywhere!! (We just can’t help ourselves…)

Arvind – what a great post! So creative, and sure to get plenty of tweet-love — OOPS…there’s another one..

Reason #14 Bloggers are ‘tweet’ lovers!

Jean – thanks so much for sharing Arvind with us!

Amy Parmenter

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

Thanks Amy!

I can feel another article coming up here – “12 More Reasons Why Bloggers Make the Best Lovers”

Keep them coming!

And Amy great to meet you here and to learn about your lovely farm. I just tweeted your latest article.

You are so right – Bloggers are “tweet” lovers!

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:09 pm #

Well, it would be totally selfish of me to keep the dashing Mr. Devalia all to myself, Amy! I love your new reasons too. And you’re a real tweetheart for tweeting this post :)

17. Preeti @ Heart and Mind August 25, 2010 at 4:58 pm #

Arvind,

Good to see your post here! I liked this passionate post.

Only possible problem I foresee dating a blogger, that he/she can write about personal love life on a blog! which may not suit well if you share fights.

I agree though that blogger are bunch of passionate people!
    Preeti @ Heart and Mind recently posted..Web Design- Overwhelm and Good Reads

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 5:40 pm #

Thanks Preeti!

I felt it was about time I showed my true self:-)

Hm, I can see your dilemma about bloggers writing about their love life. One way around it is for bloggers to date only other bloggers.

Now since by definition they would be great lovers, just imagine how much fun that would be!

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:13 pm #

Hi Preeti. Yes, every fight would be punctuated by, ‘Don’t you DARE put this on your blog!’ Actually, dating a blogger sounds like a lot of fun. Well, not for me because I’m married so that probably wouldn’t go over too well :) But if I wasn’t married . . .

18. Tess The Bold Life August 25, 2010 at 5:28 pm #

This is simply brilliant! And Jean I thought your first comments was so funny! Creativity at its best you two!
    Tess The Bold Life recently posted..Feeling Jealous Shine Your Light On It…

• Arvind Devalia August 25, 2010 at 5:49 pm #

Thanks Tess!

As someone who believes in a bold life, I knew you would approve of Jean and I taking the bull by the horns and letting out the truth about us bloggers and our real skills:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:16 pm #

I knew you’d like this, Tess. Creative magic!

19. Alison Kerr August 25, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

Thanks for the entertainment Arvind, Jean, et al. Jered, I’m waiting for that winning movie. I know it will be a top of my list.

Now, my one question is whether Arvind is prepared to shave his head to get himself a hot date. Aren’t all the top bloggers shiny and bald, or nearly so? Let me see… Leo Babauta, Darren Rowse, Ariana Huffington… scratch that. I guess not!

Now Arvind, if you are half the lover that you are blogger you can save yourself the trouble of building an A-List Dating site. Anyway, I’m off to send this link to my husband. Hopefully it will have the desired effect.

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:22 pm #

An A-List dating site! What do you suppose we’d put in our ‘Anatomy of a . . .’ threads, Alison?

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 9:32 am #

Alison, glad you liked this post. As for thanking me for the entertainment, you ain’t seen nothing yet!

As for shaving my head, if it helps with my blogging then I would consider it. As for helping on the date side, I have been told a bald head certainly helps:-)

I still think we should build an A-List Dating site – we could have all these bloggers promoting it.

Finally, hope your husband reading the article led to the “desired effect”. Please do share!

20. Leah McClellan August 25, 2010 at 5:55 pm #

Hey Arvind, You know….I’m a blogger, you’re a blogger. I’m single, you’re single. I don’t mind flying over the ocean a lot, as long as we take turns.

Hmm…:::checks your pic:::: Nah, I think it would be cradle robbing lol

Thanks for the chuckle. :)
    Leah McClellan recently posted..The World Isn’t Peaceful If We’re Not- 33 Life Lessons

21. Pete Stean August 25, 2010 at 6:08 pm #

Well I don’t have much to add except that this post brought a smile to my face. I’ll have to make your partner read this, when he complains that I spend too much time hunched over the computer, writing and editing photographs for inclusion in the blog!
    Pete Stean recently posted..Royal Parks Foundation – Hearts and Heritage Walk

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 6:26 pm #

Ah, there’s the fly in in the soup . . . if we aren’t careful, our time and passions will be spent on our blogs, and our lovers will see our blogs as rivals!

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:18 am #

Pete, glad that we were able to bring a smile to your face.

Keep sharing and spreading this post so that you can bring the same smile on more faces:-)

22. Andrea DeBell - britetalk August 25, 2010 at 6:55 pm #

Hi Arvind! This was a very interesting twist, to say the least. Very creative and “exciting” post. Your closing cracked me up. If I was single, I would contact you. :)

In regards to your question, as a blogger, what makes me a great lover? I would add #13.

13. Bloggers are passionate – They share their passions with you in such a compelling way that you can but succumb to their love for life. – you can probably tell I’m Latin with all this passion stuff :)

Loving blessings, my friend!
    Andrea DeBell – britetalk recently posted..How to Be Happy Despite Your Partner’s “Flaws”

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 7:08 pm #

Andrea, your Latin nature is shining through . . . or is that the blogger in you? :)

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:41 am #

Thanks Andrea! Glad this post “excited” you.

If you were single, I would contact YOU:)

(I have always had this thing for charming, intelligent and kind women. And especially if they are Latin and passionate!)

Thanks for your point 13 about bloggers being passionate and how they make you succumb to their love for life.

Andrea, I am ready to succumb to you right now!

23. Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 7:23 pm #

Hey Arvind – you’re on top – the top position of The Daily Brainstorm, that is :) Congrats, my friend!

24. Clearly Composed August 25, 2010 at 8:19 pm #

Oh. My. Heavens. This was soooooooo fun to read!! Though now I wonder if I will hear a bow chica bow bow whenever I go to write a post since I know us bloggers have such a sizzle factor! :)
    Clearly Composed recently posted.. Grace in Action Dare- The Postcard

• Jean Sarauer August 25, 2010 at 8:27 pm #

We should all record our own hot intros for when we sit down to write :) Arvind probably already has one recorded!

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:27 am #

Emma, I had never heard of that phrase “bow chica bow bow” but just checked it out – funny!

Yes, you had better believe it, that’s just what’s going to happen since us bloggers really do have a sizzle factor – some even more than others:-)

May I suggest that henceforth you write your blog posts in total isolation?!

25. Joe Boyle August 25, 2010 at 10:14 pm #

This is the best blog post I’ve read in the last few months. You have made some really great points, as funny as they may be.

Everything you mentioned is very true. Bloggers usually take their time and work everything out to the pulp, making sure everything is PERFECT.

Great post.

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 9:29 am #

That’s the beauty of this post – it’s funny but so true!

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:15 am #

Thanks very much Joe!

The best blog post you have read in months? That’s high praise indeed:-)

Well, make sure you read it at least once every day from now onwards, so you won’t have to wait for months for another hearty laugh:-)

I am off now to check out your blog.

26. Manal August 26, 2010 at 1:47 am #

A little late to the party. Just wanted to say Arvind this was brilliant and hilarious. Thanks so much for this lighthearted message.
    Manal recently posted..Finding Peace in Failure- A Simple Approach to Moving Forward

27. Andre August 26, 2010 at 3:41 am #

Congratulations on a well thought out and researched post.
    So many of our posts are void of humor because of the factual nature and value we try to bring to blog world.
    Your post has enlightened our minds and brought pleasure to our hearts.
    I think that a winning post engages our emotions,makes us laugh and thereby sows the seeds of wisdom into our subconscious.
    Well done Arvind!
    Andre recently posted..Comment on Serial Killer Strikes Time and Again by Stringfree

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 9:27 am #

Andre, I love your thought process as to how laughter plays a role in sowing seeds of wisdom into our subconscious. I hadn’t thought of it that way before, but I agree.

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:09 am #

Jean, I too like Andre’s suggestion of sowing seeds of wisdom into our subconscious via laughter.

But I can assure you both that my thought processes in writing this post were not so lofty! In fact I was aiming much lower down:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 5:38 pm #

Arvind, I practically fell out of my chair laughing just now. I never knew what a wild man you are!

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 6:29 pm #

Jean, I have NO idea what you are talking about!

Clearly in your mind you are reading far, far more into my comments then I intended.

Remember, I am very innocent. Just check out my image and see how innocent and naive I look:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 9:57 pm #

It’s the innocent looking ones that you always have to look out for! Especially if they are in your shower :)

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:07 am #

Thanks Andre!

Let’s hope the eternal wisdom and teachings in this post continues to bring pleasure to many more bloggers and their partners:-)

28. Julius August 26, 2010 at 3:41 am #

Great article here. I agree with you here. I think that bloggers are also better listeners. I won’t say that they are good listeners because there are few people who are really good at listening. However they are better 😉
    Julius recently posted..The Perfect WordPress Theme for Affiliates

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 9:25 am #

Yes, we are better listeners than most folks, I think. In my case, that’s because I’m always on the hunt for the small nuances expressions and voice inflection that tell the deeper story.

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 11:02 am #

Thanks Julius for that extra material for a future post – “12 More Reasons why Bloggers Are the Best Lovers” :-)

Keep them coming, folks!

29. Daniel Sharkov August 26, 2010 at 4:47 am #

Now that’s what I call an interesting article. Most of the reasons actually do make sense. I would have never thought of making a connection between bloggers and lovers though. Great point of view and fun to read. Keep it up!
    Daniel Sharkov recently posted..Web Directories – Do They Still Hold any Value

30. Madeleine Kolb August 26, 2010 at 9:50 am #

Arvind, How clever and funny this post is. What a turn-on. Oh wait, old people aren’t interested in sex or so I’ve heard. But if they’re bloggers, then they’d be not only interested but also wonderful, caring, and exciting lovers. I hardly know what to think.
    Madeleine Kolb recently posted..Life Lessons From the Little Engine That Could

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 10:13 am #

Thanks Madeleine!

Old age has never stoppped anyone from blogging:-)

And as they say you are only as old as you feel.I know that Madeleine, you are very young in heart and body.

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 5:41 pm #

Blogging and an active life live can go on forever! I intend to participate in both when I’m in the old folks home. Please respect my ‘do not disturb’ sign :)

31. Linda August 26, 2010 at 10:46 am #

I only just stopped giggling, Arvind. I’m printing this off to show my OH. He’s already grumbling because I’m so late to bed lately, too busy learning from A-List Bloggers.

Oh dear,,, so Top Bloggers are Bald Bloggers?
    Not much hope for me then. Mind you, Jean’s far from bald so I guess I might be eligble one day. Unless I pull out all my hair trying to get my posts out…
    Linda recently posted..Want Instant Delivery of New Blog Posts &amp Comments

• Linda August 26, 2010 at 10:48 am #

OOOPS! The ‘recently posted’ in my reply isn’t right. Did I press something?

• Arvind Devalia August 26, 2010 at 10:59 am #

Linda, lets hope that after reading this article, your husband will stop grumbling and will enoucrage you to become the best blogger you can!

And no, not all top bloggers are bald, only the ones trying to look different. The majority of bloggers are dashing, just like Mr Devalia and Mr Darcy :-)

(Please see comments halfway above to understand this reference to Mr Devalia and Mr Darcy!)

• Jean Sarauer August 26, 2010 at 5:44 pm #

Linda, my hair smokes a lot now that I’m a blogger but so far that’s just made it a bit frizzier. Hmmm, I’m not sure what’s up with your comment link . .

32. Karen Daniels August 26, 2010 at 1:09 pm #

Great post, Arvind.
    I can see the bumper sticker now – Bloggers Make Better Lovers.

Thanks for bringing a smile to my face.
    Karen Daniels recently posted..Three Quick Steps for Awesome Zen Writing

33. Amit Sodha - The Power Of Choice August 26, 2010 at 5:05 pm #

Dude, after reading a piece like that I can only say I’m proud to be your friend…that is by far and away the most fun and original Personal Development blog post I’ve ever read. The others out there could learn a thing or two from you.

Back to the topic at hand…naturally blogging makes me a better lover…tried and tested…I should’ve got some testimonials…maybe even some recorded during the actual act! 😛
    Amit Sodha – The Power Of Choice recently posted..The Key To Balancing Out Your Emotions When You’re Feeling Down

34. Gina August 27, 2010 at 1:21 am #

“Bloggers Make Better Lovers!” This will be the first bumper sticker I have ever donned.

Between my Latin blood and that bumper sticker and I might not need the blog date site 😉

Excellent post Arvind, like everything you do.
    Mahalo Jean this was too much fun!

Aloha~

35. Stacey August 27, 2010 at 7:54 am #

This was so much fun to read! Thanks, Arvind, for sharing your *talents* and evoking big smiles! xxoo, s

36. Justin Dixon August 27, 2010 at 10:42 am #

Forgive me for saying this Arvind, but this article does seem a hair biased, and perhaps even self-serving. (course I’m a blogger as well so I shouldn’t complain)
    Justin Dixon recently posted..The Nice Guys Guide to Standing Up For Yourself

37. J.D. Meier August 28, 2010 at 12:55 am #

I heard that some blogger do it daily, and some even multiple times per day.

Beautiful list.

I would add that bloggers make things happen in the mind and they are always asking the question — WIIFY (What’s In It For You), and some bloggers are good at tickling the funny bone and lighting fires.
    J.D. Meier recently posted..Day 26 – Solve Problems with Skill

• Arvind Devalia August 28, 2010 at 12:17 pm #

Thanks J.D. for yet more material for my follow up post:-)

I just visited your blog for the first time – you have an amazing blog. I am just off to discover my “Eye of the Tiger” – thanks for the inspiration.

PS Having alread said in the comments above what a tiger I was, it’s really vital that I find this eye and I walk my talk:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 29, 2010 at 5:42 pm #

‘Bloggers do it daily’ is stellar, JD!
      Jean Sarauer recently posted..21 Signs That You’re a Blogaholic

38. Stephen August 28, 2010 at 2:22 am #

Brilliant, really funny! I wonder though if one risk with a lover who is also a blogger may be having your most intimate moments published on the web. Mind you that didn’t seem to do too much harm to Paris Hilton or Pamela Anderson for that matter…

• Arvind Devalia August 28, 2010 at 12:02 pm #

Stephen, I am willing to take that chance, if it gets me as much publicity as Paris Hilton or Pamela Anderson (without the notoriety of course).

This is a first for me – to be mentioned in the same light as those two! At least that’s how I am choosing to read your comment:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 29, 2010 at 5:45 pm #

If the bloggers read the post I wrote awhile back called ‘How Naked Should You get on Your Blog?’ then they won’t reveal too many secrets.
      Jean Sarauer recently posted..21 Signs That You’re a Blogaholic

39. Miss Footloose August 28, 2010 at 12:44 pm #

Well, Arvind, you are a brave man putting yourself out there with your contact for a hot date! I imagine your inbox is full with the responses. As you may know from my earlier post about my bizarre wedding in Kenya, I found my man, even if he is not a blogger.

Here’s the story, and no, (so far) no tribal wife in the household here:

Good luck finding your princess
    Miss Footloose recently posted..EXPAT FOODIE- PARTY IN THE PANTRY

• Arvind Devalia August 28, 2010 at 3:42 pm #

Thanks, Miss Footloose!

I am snowed under with all these responses, so I may soon have to withdraw my offer of that hot date. But not yet:-)

I just read that post about your bizzare wedding in Kenya – and I can relate to it.

Since I was also born in Kenya, I guess I am covered by tribal law – and I can have multiple wives!

Maybe I shoud go travelling and just blog from Kenya:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 29, 2010 at 5:46 pm #

You have such fascinating adventures, Karen. I don’t have to travel anywhere–I can just read your posts!
      Jean Sarauer recently posted..21 Signs That You’re a Blogaholic

40. Joy August 28, 2010 at 1:15 pm #

Hi Arvind,
    I *love* this on all levels..you made my radiant smile even brighter…and my heart is so happy that I forwarded this to all of my blogging friends…
    The comments are as fun as the post…
    And LOL sign me up for the AList Lovers Club..I like the sound of *that*..
    *You* are awesome Arvind, thank you for this…
    Joy recently posted..Fearless Fun Friday- Soar…

• Arvind Devalia August 28, 2010 at 3:44 pm #

Thanks Joy – I really appreciate your kind words, and for speading my call for lovers amongst your friends.

You are certainly living up to your name and spreading joy all around you. I hope I can do more of the same:-)

• Jean Sarauer August 29, 2010 at 5:49 pm #

I’m really hoping Arvind gets going on that A-List Lover’s Club soon. Between hot dates, comment replies, and bumper stickers, the poor fellow is going to be worn to a frazzle :)
      Jean Sarauer recently posted..21 Signs That You’re a Blogaholic

41. sanjay August 29, 2010 at 3:04 am #

Happy to know that bloggers have the potential to be the best lover because of reasons such as nature related to giving, paying attention, striving for best etc. All are part of the nature of a successful blogger.

But this article also undermine the negative side of a blogger that might stand in the path of a lovable person. Blogger loves their blog very much. It might give them a platform to run away from other responsibility as they can find their blog as most comfortable place.

I have seen many amazing bloggers starts blogging after a gigantic failure in personal life. They find themselves happy blogging to avoid failure again in personal life. Many could argue that they are happy, but I don’t agree. BALANCE is the key.
    sanjay recently posted..An untold love story

• Jean Sarauer August 29, 2010 at 5:54 pm #

Yes, Sanjay, I know what you mean. Bloggers have a tendency to become obsessed with their blogs, but I think we do the same with our lovers. I have done that in the past–just let passion burn me up like a flame for weeks on end without any regard for the world around me.

Okay, back into that shower . . .
      Jean Sarauer recently posted..21 Signs That You’re a Blogaholic

42. sanjay August 29, 2010 at 3:04 am #

sanjay recently posted..An untold love story

43. 1skyliner August 31, 2010 at 10:43 am #

Jean, I think you should definitely go into that shower.Thanks for the article. I liked reading it
    1skyliner recently posted..Make the most beneficial Use of Twitter

44. Senthil Ramesh August 31, 2010 at 7:59 pm #

I like the 3rd point 😛
    Senthil Ramesh recently posted..Gmail Introduces Priority Inbox – Sort important emails first

1. Friday’s Links — A Meaningful Existence - August 27, 2010

[…] Jean over at Virgin Blogger Notes had a special guest post from Arvind Devalia who wrote 12 Reasons Why Bloggers Make The Best Lovers. I had to laugh at the reasons and I’m sure that you will find them pretty humourous (and […]

2. The 7 Links Challenge - September 23, 2010

[…] wrote this guest post on virgin blogger notes on 12 reasons why bloggers make the best lovers – in my opinion, the best blog title of all time! I’m so jealous and I so wish […]