A guest post by Linda Hewett of Positive Spin.
I don’t believe it!
I’ve been writing my blog for 6 whole months.
I’ve written 152 posts!
And I’m noticing signs that I’m addicted to blogging…
This is for all my fellow ‘newbies’ out there, to reassure you that you’re not on your own if you’re noticing these signs. (Pause for sighs of relief all round.)
Feel free to admit your addiction and tell us about the tell-tale signs you’ve seen! Perhaps we should start
except that I don’t want to be cured…
Here goes –
My name is Linda and
Here are my 21 Signs that I’m a Blogaholic.
- I have to sharpen ALL my pencils before I can start planning a post.
- I have a pretty notebook in every room in the house – yes, even the smallest room – complete with sharpened pencil, ready for all those insightful ideas.
- I get very interested in Widgets and Sidebars.
- I spend every spare moment reading about How To Be a Better Blogger.
- I suddenly get up from the table in the middle of a meal to write down someone’s remark that sparks off a killer post idea.
- I decide it’s all a waste of time and I may as well give up now.
- I wake up the next day, full of beans, and I’m at my computer BEFORE eight a.m.
- I scour the newspapers and magazines for illuminating articles.
- I can hardly contain my excitement when my Visitor Counter increases.
- I get very over excited every time I receive a comment.
- I get stressed if I haven’t a whole heap (well, a few) posts for ’emergencies’.
- I read over on Problogger that an hour is about the right time to devote to writing a post and breathe a sigh of relief because that’s what I do.
- I discover how to link to other bloggers and start doing it.
- I edit over and over.
- I succeed in personalizing my site by uploading my own photos.
- I snack at my computer on Maltesers rather than go and make a healthy sandwich.
- I read inspiring posts and wonder how long it will be before I can write as well as they do.
- I spend hours trawling through Flickr, amazed at its resources.
- I finish a post and am actually pretty pleased with it.
- I wonder whether I’ll have the ability and courage to ask to write a Guest Post.
- Hey! I just did! And so can you…
And what about you?
Addicted to blogging?
Come on, share your signs in the Comment section. You know you want to!
Linda is never happier than when she’s writing. Her blog is Positive Spin – Helping you face life full on without fear- and feel great about it! She believes that Confidence and Optimism come in many disguises… all you need to do is look and you’ll find that Positive Spin.