Virgin Blogger Notes loves guest posts!
Here are some guidelines to help make the guest posting process mutually enjoyable and beneficial:
- Virgin Blogger Note’s mission is to provide ‘information and inspiration for beginning bloggers,’ so please submit ideas and posts with that in mind.
- An easy way to determine current topic needs is to visit the “Start Here” page and review the categories under “Eight Steps to Build, Grow, and Monetize Your Blog.” The fewer posts listed under a category, the greater the need for topics in that area.
- Guest posts must be original, meaning that you haven’t and won’t publish the post on your site(s) or any other sites.
- Posts should be approximately 600-800 words in length.
- Send either your idea for a post or your completed post to jnjsarauer(at)gmail(dot)com, following the submission standards outlined in the next point.
- When sending a complete post, type it out in your WordPress dashboard and format it there. After previewing the post and ensuring it’s looking good, copy the html version, paste it into your computer’s text editing program (such as Notepad), and save as a .txt document. Attach the .txt file to an email and send it to maryjaksch(at)gmail(dot)com.
- If you have a suggested image for the article, please attach it to the email or send me a link if it’s on creative commons. Otherwise, I’ll track down an image to accompany the article.
- I normally respond to emails within a couple of days, so if you don’t hear from me, something likely went astray. Please do contact me again!
- If your idea or post will not work for us, I’ll let you know why so you can make some tweaks or submit it to a blog that’s a better fit. If I do accept your post, I’ll let you know when it will be published.
And that’s it!
Thanks for taking the time to read through these guidelines.
I look forward to working with you,